- Assault AirRower Elite In stock, 1-3 working days4% saved€1,563.00 Special Price €1,499.00
- WaterRower Ash with A1 monitor In stock, 1-3 working days€1,099.00Quickview
- WaterRower S4 Ash with Monitor In stock, 1-3 working days€1,399.00Quickview
- WaterRower S4 Oak with Monitor In stock, 1-3 working days€1,499.00Quickview
- WaterRower S4 Club Sport with Monitor In stock, 1-3 working days€1,599.00Quickview
- Waterrower Performance Ergometer Oak In stock, 1-3 working days€1,699.00Quickview
- WaterRower S4 Shadow with Monitor In stock, 1-3 working days€1,599.00Quickview
- WaterRower S4 Cherry with Monitor In stock, 1-3 working days€1,699.00Quickview
- WaterRower S4 Walnut with Monitor In stock, 1-3 working days€1,899.00Quickview
- WaterRower M1 LoRise with Monitor 2 - 3 weeks€1,899.00Quickview
- WaterRower M1 HiRise with Monitor 2 - 3 weeks€1,999.00Quickview
- WaterRower S1 Stainless Steel with Monitor 2 - 3 weeks€2,499.00Quickview
- WaterRower Protective Mat In stock, 1-3 working days€79.95Quickview
- WaterRower WaterBlue Dye In stock, 1-3 working days€9.95Quickview
- WaterRower Chlorine Tablets In stock, 1-3 working days€9.99Quickview
- Surcharge XL Rails WaterRower models 4 weeks€85.00Quickview
- WaterRower Analog Heart Rate Monitoring (Polar) In stock, 1-3 working days€50.00Quickview
- WaterRower Digital Heart Rate Monitoring (ANT+) 10 - 12 Weeks€49.90Quickview
The gentle training with rowers
Rowers are one of the most versatile fitness devices for the regularly training. Therefore they are suitable for a wide age range and perfect as an entry device. There are a number of different designs of rowers, where you can do targeted training sessions.
Different types of construction
Basically you can distinguish between five types of rowers, but several designs could be combined in one device. With the water resistance you will get a realistic feeling when rowing. Instead of water resistance, you can also choose a device with air resistance. An advantage of air resistance is the good control of the speed. If you want to train your upper body a device with outriggers is ideal. This has separate handles on the sides, but no sliding seat, so the training runs very static and purposeful. For beginners the rowing machines with magnetic brake systems are perfect. The resistance can be set and you can choose your type of exercise.
When does training with rowers make sense?
Rowers have a number of positive effects on the body, because it is able to train the whole body. Long-term and continuous training not only strengthen your muscles, also the cardiovascular system and blood flow. Furthermore the coordination will be trained and improved by movement. Also the training with rowing machines is very gentle for the joints. For this reason, training with rowers into old age is possible.
The biggest mistakes during training
Rowing machines are only effective when you do the training the right way. Most common are bad postures during the exercises. You should look that you aren't in an extreme back position. It costs a lot of power and can even lead to back problems. The legs shouldn't be stretched too early and do not stay bent too long.